Following an approximately one-hour closed session at the monthly meeting on March 19, the Banks County Development Authority approved executive director Brad Day’s personnel contract and a memorandum of cooperation with the Banks County Chamber CVB that approves Day to serve as the executive director for that organization.
The employment agreement, approved by the Banks County Board of Commissioners on March 12, outlines the duties, terms, salary, termination and severance pay, termination due to disability, performance and evaluation, hours of work, outside activities, county vehicle, disability, health and life insurance, vacation and sick leave, dues, subscriptions and professional development, indemnification and general provisions.
The contract states the salary is $80,000 annually payable by the Chamber of Commerce CVB and the Development Authority. Additionally, an amount shall be paid monthly not to exceed $15,000 annually by the Chamber of Commerce CVB for reimbursement of expenses toward disability, health and life insurance. Receipts must be provided.
The Development Authority agrees to pay 75 percent of the $80,000 salary with the Chamber CVB paying the remaining 25 percent, according to the memorandum of cooperation between the two groups.
The effective date for both agreements is March 15, 2013.
The employment agreement is a two-year contract with an evaluation on performance to be done annually.
Display comments as (Linear | Threaded)